The removal of the bottom panel isn’t something difficult. All you need is a screwdriver and a pry tool.
1. Remove the bottom plate
The bottom plate is held by 14 Phillips-head screws. After removing them you can pry the bottom panel with a plastic tool.
The battery unit has a capacity of 76Wh.
3. Мemory and storage
The laptop comes with a soldered 8GB or 16GB memory but there is a free SODIMM slot for future upgrades. For storage, there is just one M.2 PCIe x4 slot.
4. Cooling system
The cooling solution has two fans and four heat pipes. Three of them are shared between the CPU and GPU, while the fourth is dedicated to the memory modules and the VRMs.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401 in-depth review
The updated version of the ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401 has some interesting new things under the hood like AMD Zen 3 CPUs and NVIDIA Ampere GPUs. So, powerful hardware that is fitted in a shell of a compact 14-incher - it may sound exciting for a lot of you. Actually, we have a review of the first iteration of this device and it has the same hardware formula - powerful AMD CPUs with up to 8 cores and good NVIDIA GPU video card options. The 2021 version of this device looks (almost) identical [...]Read the full review
- Optional AniMe Matrix light that can be turned off for better battery life
- Nice keyboard with decent travel and clicky feedback, good for both typing and gaming
- Has one of the most beefier mobile chips
- 8GB or 16GB of soldered memory and one additional RAM SODIMM slot supporting 3200 MHz memory in dual-channel and NVMe drive support
- Great battery life
- One of its USB Type-C ports can be used to charge the laptop or to output a DisplayPort 1.4 signal
- PWM-free display TL140BDXP01-0 (TMX1400)
- Has a good contrast ratio and comfortable viewing angles TL140BDXP01-0 (TMX1400)
- High resolution (1440p), 100% sRGB coverage and great color accuracy, partially thanks to our Gaming and Web design profile TL140BDXP01-0 (TMX1400)
- Lacks an SD card reader and Thunderbolt support
- The laptop gets loud and warm when gaming