This is one of ASUS’s most powerful notebooks of 2021. It has everything you need – from sheer performance to upgradability and even battery life.
1. Remove the bottom plate
To take this laptop apart, you have to start by undoing 11 Phillips-head screws. One of them remains attached and lifts the edge of the bottom panel so that you can start prying from there.
Once again, we see a huge 90Wh battery pack, powering the laptop when it’s away from the wall.
3. Мemory and storage
Memory-wise, there are two SODIMM slots, which support up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM in dual-channel mode. As for the storage, you get two M.2 PCIe x4 slots.
4. Cooling system
Another important aspect here is the cooling solution. It comprises a total of six heat pipes, including one that cools the VRM and the graphics memory. Additionally, ASUS has supplied four heat spreaders.
ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 15 G533 in-depth review
We are almost done with the entire lineup of Republic of Gamers devices revealed in this year's CES event. And today, we are going to show you the ROG Strix SCAR 15 G533. A laptop that promises to deliver extreme performance levels, thanks to the Zen 3 processors from AMD, and the new Ampere graphics cards from NVIDIA. More importantly, it is particularly interesting to see how would it perform against the competitions, since currently, the notebooks are probably the best way you can get your h[...]Read the full review
- Loaded with RGB
- 1080p 360Hz, and 1440p 165Hz IPS panel options
- Covers 97% of the sRGB color gamut and has an accurate color representation thanks to our Gaming and Web design profile (Sharp LQ173M1JW04)
- Doesn't use PWM for brightness adjustment (Sharp LQ173M1JW04)
- Very quick pixel response times (Sharp LQ173M1JW04)
- One of the best hardware combinations up to this day
- Liquid metal thermal compound on the CPU
- Wi-Fi 6 support and two M.2 PCIe x4 drives
- Optically mechanical keyboard with very low latency and big Arrow keys
- Great battery life
- No Thunderbolt support (due to chipset limitations)
- No SD card reader