Inside HP EliteBook x360 1030 G8 – disassembly and upgrade options
It comes as no surprise that there is no abundance of expansion ports inside this laptop. Thankfully, HP provides all its configurations with dual-channel memory, regardless of the capacity.
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G8
- Intel Core i7-1165G7
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7 (96EU)
- 16GB RAM
- 256GB SSD
1. Remove the bottom plate and battery
To take this notebook apart, you need to undo all 5 Torx-head screws. After that, pry the bottom panel with a plastic tool.
Unsurprisingly, this notebook uses the exact same hardware as its 14-inch sibling. This includes the battery, which has a 54Wh capacity.
3. Мemory and storage
Memory-wise, all of the chips are soldered to the motherboard. Thankfully, you get to choose from configurations with 8, 16, or 32GB of LPDDR4 RAM, working at 4267 MHz in dual-channel mode. In terms of storage, you get one M.2 PCIe x4 slot.
4. Cooling system
Once again, the fans of this notebook’s cooling solution are super small, but on the bright side, you get two heat pipes, and two heat sinks for a faster, more efficient way of thermal management.
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G8 in-depth review
In the past couple of years, HP has really done well to revamp its business notebook portfolio. In addition to the security features it always offered, the new devices look stunning.Yesterday, we reviewed the EliteBook x360 1040 G8, and today, we have its 13-inch sibling - the EliteBook x360 1030 G8. Essentially, it is a shrunk-down version of the former and keeps pretty much all of its features.In addition to that, you also get the Tiger Lake treatment, as you get the same hardware choices. Spoiler alert - the motherboard and the cooling are identical as well.Nevertheless, there [...]
- Slim design with strong chassis.
- Covers 89% of sRGB colors (IVO X140NVFC R0 (IVO8C78))
- Very good battery life
- Two Thunderbolt 4 ports and an LTE card slot
- Supports PCIe x4 M.2 SSDs
- Doesn't use PWM for brightness adjustment (IVO X133NVFF R0)
- IR face recognition + fingerprint reader + a proximity sensor that detects your presence
- Optional Sure View system for the privacy of your work (IVO X133NVFF R0)
- HP Rechargeable Active Pen inside the box
- Memory is soldered to the motherboard
- Lacks an SD card slot
- Nonuniform luminance across the area of the display (IVO X133NVFF R0)
- Color accuracy is off (IVO X133NVFF R0)