Have you seen our laptop M.2 SSD compatibility list? If you haven’t already, go take a look, especially if you are wondering whether your notebook has such a slot or what type of SSD you should be looking for your upgrade.
We’ve just added several new notebooks to our list – some of them are even submitted by our readers so we did a little research and added them as well. Let’s start with those that boast NGFF SSDs:
- Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E530 – mSATA SSD (SATA II) (submitted by our reader)
- Lenovo ThinkPad Edge S540 – M.2 SATA 2242 SSD (submitted by our reader)
- HP ZBook 14 – M.2 SATA 2242 SSD (submitted by our reader)
- Gigabyte P34W – no M.2 slot, mSATA 6Gbps
- Toshiba Satellite Pro R50-B – no M.2 slot
- Toshiba Satellite P50-C – no M.2 slot
The last two notebooks lack the so-called NGFF SSD slot since they are both placed in the budget range and their reviews will come in the next few days. The same goes for the Gigabyte P34W notebook that we will review in the next couple of days. Stay tuned and if you have any information about a notebook that’s missing in our list, don’t hesitate to contribute and then we will research and update the listing. You can do so in the comment section of the laptop M.2 SSD compatibility list.